Friday, December 30, 2011

The ‘Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0′ provider is not registered on the local machine.

The ‘Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0′ provider is not registered on the local machine.


I recently got an error when trying to use Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0 to connect excel file.I am sure Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0 is registered on the local machine,but I keep getting on run time error like this.


I got this error in the different machine... Have a Look
After quite long time goolgling,I found out that it is because I am running 64-bit windows and there are no MS Access drivers that run 64 bit.So to resolve it you need to change the build configuration to x86 found in the programs properties.


To do so,right click on the project and click Properties


Then click on Build and change the Platform target from Any CPU to x86.Recompile your program , it works like charm.

No comments:

Post a Comment